Sunday 28 October 2012

In Focus: Jenny Packham

Jenny Packham is a British designer with a gift of creating the most beautiful, whimsical couture dresses that a girl could dream of wearing. And I'm not plucking those words out of the air - the creme de la crop of uppercrust society, Hollywood and even royalty agrees. Here are a few of my favourite gowns donned by some famous faces:

 Vanessa Hudgens in lovely floral dress at the Sucker Punch premiere. I love how she's made it her own by accessorising with her hippie jewelry and wearing a loose romantic curly hairstyle.

 Blake Lively stuns in a yellow ombre silk chiffon dress as Serena in Gossip Girl. 
She looks perfect. Just like an elegant New York tea garden wedding hostess should look.

 Katy Perry attends the Grammys in a fun and flirty pink ruffled number. I like it better on the runway


I am so in love with this dress its unexplainable. The beautiful lace back makes me think of an intricate Indian design and the flowy fabric in a most exquisite ocean blue is just perfect.  Kate Middleton looks like an elegant, tasteful, turquoise crystal champagne flute. In a good way of course.

I just posted these dresses because I think they represent everything that the Jenny Packham line is; etheeral, princess-like and supremely elegant.

Another shimmery number. I think it looks very royal ;) My favourite part would probably be the floaty shoulders though

I've always been a huge fan of Dita von Teese's style ('cause you know, I'm a big fan of fifties style and everything) and she looks beyond amaziing here. The dress fits in all the right places, makes her look taller and everything. Also, I love the soft colour and how it contrast with her red lips and the patterend shoulders and neck design just put the cherry on top.

I know this dress was a big crowd pleaser. Although I think it would've looked better on a teller person, Emma Roberts still carries it off pretty well. The silver design in the front makes me think of a metallic moon exploding into the night.
Very metaphorical of me to say, I know.

Again, I love the beautiful silvery detail on the champagne flow of the gown. Favourite part would be the draping of the top and the exquisitely designed shoulder. Definitely an Oscar-worthy dress, so kudos to Sandra Bullock.

xoxo vami-kat

No comments:

Post a Comment