Sunday 18 December 2011

Snapshot Sunday: In Search of Sunshine..

Ack, ack, ack I'm the worst blogger ever aren't I? Sorry for the long hiatus guys. My laptop's been acting up -_- which is just AWESOME but it's fixed now, so, all is well :) Meanwhile, I've been busy consuming Sidney Sheldon novels *he's pretty big in India. Also, a GREAT writer* and drinking endless cups of cinnamon lattes and hot chocolate. Those things sure seem very appealing in this weather. It's absolutely frigid and gloomy outside. Even if you poke your head out the window, a wave of icy air engulfs you. All you feel like doing is wrapping cocooning yourself into a warm blanket and falling into a peaceful sleep. What's worse is that there's no sun to greet us in the day. It's dark and when it's only 8 o'clock in the morning, it feels like 6 o'clock in the evening. I can't even imagine what how squatters and people on the streets are faring. So I've decided that along with my family, we're going to buy a whole lot of blankets and leave them with people sleeping on the roadside and outside in dirty, unsheltered areas in the early morning. We'll be like little Christmas Elves who make sure that everybody feels warm this season. I read all the horror stories where children die on the streets and families perish due to severe hypothermia and it really saddens me. Now I realise that I need to do something because even a blanket can save a life and make the harsh winter days just a little more easier.















Stay warm this winter [if you live in the northern hemisphere] :)

xoxo vami-kat

No comments:

Post a Comment