Sunday 30 September 2012

Snapshot Sunday: Reinvention

Lately I've been feeling really down and beating myself up about many things. It's unhealthy and sad to drag yourself down into a dark place like that. Every girl goes through it at some point, some girls more often than others.
I've been through a mild form of depression, which is something I've never ever talked about to anyone.

And now I've come to realize that it all just has to stop.
So I've made the conscious decision to stop the self-pity and try to bring optimism into my life. Become selfless. Think positive things.

We've only just got this one life, you know?
Now I'm the type of girl who looks up to certain people, for inspiration, for happiness, for thr knowledge that there is someone out there I can relate to.

People like Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran.
But I think for me, the biggest symbol for reinvention and resilience is Demi Lovato.
She's the girl who went through bulimia, cutting, bipolar disorder, exhaustion, bullying and rehab.
And she came back stronger.

I love her to bits. Her personality, her music, her beauty and the fact that she's the greatest role model a girl could have. She's so full of heart.
 She's helped me come out of that dark place.

So thank you Demi Lovato. This is for you.


 “The best advice I can give to anyone going through a rough patch is to never be afraid to ask for help.”


 “There’s no point to living life unless you make history and the best way to make history is to help others.”


 “And if there's anyone out here tonight that doesn't feel beautiful enough, or doesn't feel worthy enough... You're wrong. Because you guys are all so incredible. And if you're dealing with any of the issues that I've dealt with, don't be afraid to speak up, because someone will be there for you. And if you think, you're alone, put on my music, because I'm going to be there for you”


  “Eating disorders are serious mental illnesses, not lifestyle choices.”


  “Love is Louder than the Pressure to be Perfect”



 “I have come to realize making yourself happy is most important. Never be ashamed of how you feel. You have the right feel any emotion you want, and do what makes you happy. That's my life motto"<3”


 “One of the most scariest thing in life,is when you come to the realization that the only thing that can save you is...yourself"




xoxo vami-kat

No comments:

Post a Comment