I found this great tutorial on CRAFTOFVISION today, on making fab feather earrings in your own home. I hope you like it as much as I do! As you guys know, feathers are a huge trend right now so get to work everybody! Time to whip up some feather earrings! xoxo vami-kat
- craft glue
- a pair of wire cutters
- two pairs of pliers
- jewelry wire
- two jump rings
- two earring hooks
- 4 sets of feathers, each containing 4 feathers
* Make sure to use recycled feathers, like from an old feather boa, or cruelty-free feathers from a seller like The Happy Rooster.
- Take one set of feathers and glue them together one by one. Make sure you are stacking them all with the wrong side facing down. Repeat with the other 3 sets of feathers and let them dry.
- Now, bend one end of your wire.
- Insert one set of feathers and wrap the wire carefully and tightly around the feathers stopping about 1/4 of a centimeter from the tip.
- Cut the wire and use your pliers to tuck the end of the wire in so it doesn’t catch on things.
- Repeat this for the other 3 sets of feathers.
- Take one of your jump rings, open it up and put two sets of feathers and one earring hook on it.
- Close the jump ring and repeat those steps for the second earring.
And voila!! You just made yourself a pair of fantastic feather earrings! :)