Sunday 12 February 2012

For Ms Houston...♥

 



Sadly, I woke up to the news of the death of Whitney Houston, which obviously, wasn't a very nice thing to wake up to.
Now I'm not gonna start off saying a million sappy things like how the world lost a such a powerful singer, pop queen yada yada yada. Instead what saddens me, is that she couldn't die the most glorified and the BEST woman she could be. It's tragic that way.

We all know Ms Houston had a bad past involving drug abuse. Which is what I REALLY want to talk about. How drugs can just...ruin people like that. I've never actually know someone personally, who battled or is still battling with drugs. But I've heard all the things, read all the stories. I know about all the tragic downfalls and downward spirals that have happened due to a bunch of tiny pills. It's scary right? How a couple of small, seemingly harmless pills can just take away a life like that, in the blink of an eye.

No, now I'm not gonna start a lecture about the dangers of drugs. But whether you you're battling with drugs or you know someone who is, just know that there are SO MANY other things you could do to turn your life around. 'Cause you never know when that fatal overdose could occur. And you'd end up being on the news, being remembered as the "girl who died of drugs" until everyone eventually moves on. And I don't think that's the way anyone wants to be remembered as. Which brings me to this pic

 

 When you take drugs, you lose all that. I promise you, you'll lose it all.


So just remember, YOU are in control of yourself and who you'll turn out to be.
And I'll sign off with this quote:


"Happiness is a direction not a destination"

xoxo vami-kat
P.S Be who you want to be :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment